Friday, April 18, 2014

Why Prototyping Is A Must

A prototype is worth a thousand words. Projects big and small can benefit from a carefully drawn out prototype. A prototype can finalize the design before any actual development happens. This can save crucial time in the long run because it can avoid any late changes in the development process. Late changes can be costly and time consuming because that would mean some existing work would be thrown out completely. It can also streamline the project by reducing any confusion associated with how the final product might look.

Retrieved from: http://www.nngroup.com/reports/
paper-prototyping-training-video/
I recently started using paper prototypes to help me visualize my coding projects. This process has been helpful because it helps me breakdown each step. It has been especially helpful in a recent web development project. Our clients expected a brand new website, so we started off by creating a paper prototype. My team and I were able to create a final design in a matter of hours, and we ended up sticking to that same overall design throughout the project. 
I did not believe paper prototyping could help my programming until I started using it. A nicely designed prototype can predict the direction of the project much better than words can. That is why creating a concrete prototype can be so powerful. 
I did not believe paper prototyping could help my programming until I started using it. A nicely designed prototype can predict the direction of the project much better than words can. That is why creating a concrete prototype can be so powerful. 


References

Usability Testing. Retrieved from http://www.usability.gov/how-to-and-tools/methods/usability-testing.html

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for Sharing prototyping Knowledge it is helpful for me and every one. We are provide Rapid Prototype Services In India last 6-7 years its very supportive for me in coming future
    Regards

    ReplyDelete